Rebif® Rebidose® (interferon beta-1a)
Rebif Rebidose is a preassembled, single-use autoinjector for taking Rebif.
- No assembly required
- Portable, goes where you go
- Needle stays covered before and after injection process
- Flexible dosing options (44 mcg and 22 mcg)
You should only use Rebif Rebidose after you have received proper training from a medical professional. An MS LifeLines Nurse may be able to provide injection training to you in the comfort of your home.
Speak to your doctor to see if Rebif and Rebif Rebidose are the right option for you.
- What People Said in User Trials
In a short-term, open-label user trial*:
86% of the people who tried Rebif Rebidose said it was easy to use
77% said it was easy to hold
87% said they would be comfortable using it away from home
Users should demonstrate competency in all aspects of the injection prior to independent use. Patients with severe neurological deficits should not self-administer injections without assistance from a trained care partner
*In this user trial, Rebif Rebidose was evaluated for 12 weeks by 109 patients with relapsing MS, who had previously taken Rebif using the prefilled syringes or the reusable Rebiject II autoinjector.
- Get to Know Rebif Rebidose
Please see important safety information below and the Rebif Medication Guide and Prescribing Information at the top of this website, and speak with your health care provider for more information. Please see the complete Instructions for Use that comes with your Rebif Rebidose autoinjector.
- Flexible Dosing Options
At the beginning of Rebif treatment, your health care provider may prescribe a titration phase to gradually increase to the intended dosage.
Rebif Rebidose gives you and your doctor the flexibility of 2 dosing options, plus a titration pack:
- 44 mcg autoinjectors have a teal green injector button
- 22 mcg autoinjectors have a yellow injector button
Titration Pack for 44 mcg prescribed dose
- 8.8 mcg autoinjectors have a lime green injector button
- 22 mcg autoinjectors have a yellow injector button
Only prefilled syringes can be used to titrate to a 22 mcg prescribed dose.
You should only use Rebif Rebidose after you have received proper training from a medical professional. An MS LifeLines Nurse may be able to provide injection training to you in the comfort of your home. Call 1-877-44-REBIF (1-877-447-3243) to learn more.
For an injection refresher, watch the Rebif Rebidose injection training video on this webpage.
- How to Use
Remember to always use the injection technique advised by your health care provider.
If at any time, you have questions or concerns, please contact your health care provider or
call MS LifeLines®at 1-877-447-3243.
For complete injection instructions, please refer to the Instructions for Use.
- Disposing of After Use
Dispose of properly
Put your used Rebif Rebidose autoinjectors in a FDA-cleared sharps disposal container right away after use. Do not throw them away (dispose of) in your household trash.
Use appropriate containers
If you do not have a FDA-cleared sharps disposal container, you may use a properly labeled household container that is made of heavy-duty plastic and can be closed with a tight-fitting, puncture-resistant lid.
Follow community guidelines
When your sharps disposal container is almost full, you will need to follow your community guidelines for the correct way to dispose of it. For more information about safe sharps disposal, go to the FDA’s website at: http://www.fda.gov/safesharpsdisposal.
Don’t dispose of in household trash
Sharps Disposal Program
Have a question about how to dispose your Rebif Rebidose?
EMD Serono, Inc., and Pfizer Inc, are proud to partner with Sharps Compliance. To learn about our Rebif Rebidose disposal program, or for answers to any of your disposal questions, simply call MS LifeLines at 1-877-447-3243.
- Storing Rebif Rebidose
- Each Rebif Rebidose autoinjector contains a single dose of Rebif.
- Store Rebif Rebidose in the refrigerator between 36°F and 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze. If a refrigerator is not available, it may be stored between 36 °F and 77 °F (2 °C to 25 °C) for up to 30 days away from heat and light.
- Do not freeze Rebif or inject Rebif that you suspect has been frozen.
- Keep the Rebif Rebidose in its packaging. Open only when needed. Refer to the Rebif drug insert package and medication guide for specific storage problems.
- Traveling with Rebif Rebidose
Take 3 Rebif Rebidose autoinjectors with you for each week of your trip.
Take some extra in case you are away longer than expected.
- Pack an empty biohazard (sharps) container for proper disposal.
- When traveling by air, always carry Rebif Rebidose autoinjectors in your hand luggage because the aircraft luggage compartment can be cold and the Rebif could freeze.
- It is safe to pass Rebif Rebidose autoinjectors through X-ray machines. You may need a note from your health care provider to allow you to carry them on an airplane.
- Always check with your airline and your health care provider about bringing injectable medication with you.
Rebif Rebidose can go where you go
When you're traveling, you can use your complimentary travel kit that came with your Welcome Kit.
Call MS LifeLines, toll-free, at 1-877-447-3243.
- Take 3 Rebif Rebidose autoinjectors with you for each week of your trip.
- Important Safety Precautions
Contact your doctor, nurse, other health care professional, or MS LifeLines, toll-free, at
1-877-447-3243Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 10 PM ET and Saturday and Sunday 9 AM to 5 PM ET if:
- You are unsure about how to use the Rebif Rebidose autoinjector
- Rebif Rebidose is not working properly
- You need help with injection
A live representative answers every call, day or night.
Warnings and safety precautions
- Do not share Rebif Rebidose with anyone. This may result in injury and/or transmission of infectious blood-borne diseases. Adhere to strict safety and antiseptic precautions at all times.
- Always keep Rebif Rebidose and Rebif out of the reach of children.
- Do not point the Rebif Rebidose at yourself or others at any time.
- The device should not be placed in boiling water, a microwave or an autoclave.
In the unlikely event of failure of your Rebif Rebidose, please contact MS LifeLines at
1-877-447-3243.They will supply a replacement.
For more information about the new Rebif Rebidose autoinjector, call