HOW TO USE THE REBIF PREFILLED SYRINGE
- Pinch the skin around the cleaned injection site to lift it up a bit, and hold the syringe like a pencil or dart.
- While still pinching the skin, use a quick, firm motion to insert the needle straight under the skin at about a 90° angle.
- With the needle inserted, stop pinching the skin and gently, steadily push the plunger all the way down.
- Remove the needle and apply gentle pressure to the injection site with a dry cotton ball or sterile gauze. Applying a cold compress or ice pack to the injection site after injection may help reduce local skin reactions.
- Discard the empty syringe and cap in the syringe disposal container,* and keep a record of the date and injection site in your treatment journal.
- Check recent injection sites for redness, swelling, or tenderness. Contact your healthcare professional about any skin reaction. You can also contact an MS LifeLines® Nurse Support Specialist, who can give you tips that may help manage these reactions.
For more information about the Rebif prefilled syringe, call MS LifeLines, toll-free, at 1-877-447-3243. For complete instructions on the use of the Rebif prefilled syringe, please refer to the Medication Guide.