“For me, it's all about relaxing during injections, but I do whatever works to keep myself on treatment, and you should find your motivation too.”
Practical tips for people taking Rebif
Here's some practical, everyday information that everyone taking Rebif® (interferon beta-1a) should become familiar with.
4 tips for taking Rebif
By choosing Rebif, you have taken an important step in treating your relapsing multiple sclerosis. It's important to maintain your treatment regimen as your doctor has prescribed. Here are some tips to consider to help keep you on track:
- Set remindersOn injection days, set an alarm on your cell phone or another mobile device that can remind you when it's time to inject. Or you can download an app called Mango Health that might help remind you to take Rebif. It may also help you with tips and timely check-ins just for Rebif users. You can learn more about the Mango Health app and download it here.
- Learn from experiencePut into practice tips that can help with certain side effects. For example, rotating your injection sites may help manage injection-site reactions. You can find more tips on the possible side effects page. For more information, talk to your healthcare provider or call an MS LifeLines Nurse Support Specialist, toll-free, at 1-877-447-3243.
- Don't go it aloneSometimes, you may feel like taking a break from giving yourself injections—but it's important to stay on your treatment routine! So why not ask a care partner or a nurse for help administering injections, at least for a little while? You may find that this is just the break you were looking for.
- Feel good about what you're doingIf you're feeling good, connect this feeling to staying on therapy as directed. Try to resist any urges to take a break from therapy because you feel well. Consider rewarding yourself, just for fun—for example, if you put a dollar in a jar each time you inject on schedule, you can treat yourself to something nice after a few months!
Rebif can only work when you take it as prescribed by your doctor.
Please see Important Safety Information below and links to the Rebif Medication Guide and Prescribing Information at the top of this website, and speak with your doctor for more information.
5 tips for traveling with Rebif
MS LifeLines®provides a free travel kit for anyone taking Rebif. This travel kit includes an insulated container to keep your Rebif cool while you travel. If you do not have a travel kit, call MS LifeLines, toll-free, at 1-877-447-3243 and we will send one to you.
Remember that you may want to pack a little more medication than you think you'll need in order to cover any travel delays.
- You should always store your Rebif® Rebidose® (interferon beta-1a) autoinjector in the refrigerator between 36°F and 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze. You should check the temperature of the refrigerator you are using while traveling to avoid unintentionally freezing Rebif. For small hotel refrigerators, store Rebif away from the unit's cooling element and small freezer compartment. If a refrigerator is not available, Rebif Rebidose may be stored for up to 30 days between 36°F and 77°F (2°C to 25°C), away from heat and light.
- If you're traveling by car, don't leave your supplies on the dashboard, in the glove compartment, in the trunk, or in a parked car. Keep your supplies with you in the climate-controlled area of the car. Racks in airplanes (next to the lights) can be too warm as well.
- If you are flying, keep your supplies with you in your carry-on luggage so they remain with you in case of lost luggage! Prior to flying, be sure to check with your airline and the latest TSA regulations regarding traveling with injectable medicines. These rules are subject to change and may require certain documentation, such as a note from your doctor that describes the medication and why you take it. Go to the Transportation Security Administration website www.tsa.gov and/or contact your airline for information regarding flying with injectable medications.
- Remember to bring along an extra ice pack. The Rebif travel kit includes a reusable ice pack.
Get injection reminders with the Mango Health app
Download the free Mango Health app to your mobile device for helpful reminders to take your Rebif injections. You’ll also receive tips and timely check-ins, just for Rebif users. Plus, from MS LifeLines, you’ll get instant access to one-on-one support.
Go to iTunes or Google Play, select Rebif, and you're on your way.
Mango Health is an independent third-party application and is not owned in whole or in part by EMD Serono, Inc. EMD Serono may contribute to sponsored Rebif content provided to users in their Mango Health application user inboxes. Aside from this sponsored Rebif content, EMD Serono does not endorse any of the content contained on Mango Health. Please contact your healthcare provider for specific health or drug information.